Friday, May 27, 2011

Compromising Vs. Excellence

A few hours ago, I had posted about my rants and raves about Proton and their colour's they offered for their cars. Coming to think of it, I had a friend who had commented on his thoughts about why should one bother about the colours they offer and the names given to their cars. After spending sometime researching about why colours do matter when it comes to design, I had found some videos that did express and showcase the extend of how far colour's and trims really go. I came to the conclusion that this is one of the expressions of Excellence when putting your soul, passion and heart out to build a car. In other words? Manufacturers should adopt this tagline, or maybe I should in the future :- Love people, Love Cars. I think what really meant in that context was that, having a desire to create something that add's value into peoples lives means having to make cars well. Why? Lives depend on the cars you make, you never know they could change someones life too and most importantly they also do make a part of someones life. Think about it, should safety be compromised if someone's life depended on it? Should realibility be the issue if it's a life and death situation? I guess Excellence just have to be cultivated in our Malaysian Culture and not compromise all the time.

Looking into quotes, these are one of my favs..

So Proton's Centre of Excellence? I think their not living up to their name, and there should a greater calling for it.. The physical things or even the building doesn't need to reflect the excellence, but rather the small little things like service or quality put into making the cars. You could be a small tiny manufacturer with nothing to show off, but at the end of the day its the cars and service you give that matters the most. But overall, their progressing pretty well. Here's some of the Videos i found on youtube i was talking about earlier..





No comments:

Post a Comment